Sunday, January 25, 2015

Good Start

I'm off to a good start this semester! I got 100% on my first calculus quiz so I'll take that as a sign of things to come:) My organization systems are up and running and my life is so much easier now that I have everything in order. I have my planner color-coded, as previously discussed, I utilize daily to-do lists and studying to-do lists, and my notes are so much easier to read and follow. Something else that I'm implementing is a grade tracker, since my calculus professor doesn't post grades online. I am recording each assignment, quiz, test, etc. with the points I earned, the total points possible, and what grade I currently have in the class based off that information. I'm pleased with that so far. I like to know exactly where I am. If I should start to fall behind, I'll be able to recognize it quicker since it will be brought to my attention immediately. This is the semester where I get the grades I want!

I feel like last semester was a learning experience. It was my first semester at a new school and I took on a LOT. I really thought I could handle it all, and maybe I can, but not my first semester in an unfamiliar environment. Now that I'm acclimated to the university, I know what to expect and can manage my time much more efficiently. There were a lot of things that I told myself I couldn't do last semester, only to find out that I could. So, this time I'm not allowing myself to have any preconceived notions. Having a negative or potentially negative feeling about a course, professor, activity, or whatever is one of the worst things a person can do to themselves. Keeping an open mind has made a big difference in how I approach things. I can feel myself making more of an effort and it's paying off already.

So, with that final thought, I'm off to work on some more chemistry notes. Until next time!
Queen E

No comments:

Post a Comment