Friday, October 10, 2014

TGIF

Happy Friday, all! I'm reporting to you from Starbucks again today. I must say that this is a completely different experience from last week. There aren't many people here right now and it's much quieter than last week. The exception might be the occasional pounding of hammers and whir of power drills since the bookstore is being remodeled. Despite the construction, the show must go on and there are people milling about.
Campus is quite busy today, despite the lack of business in the coffee shop. There seem to be a lot of parents here today. I wonder if there's some even taking place? If so, it's nothing I've heard about. Which is not surprising considering I don't live on campus. News crews have been here every day this week except for today. That I noticed. A terror group is threatening the life of a former student and the university has been supporting prayer meetings, etc. Each time the various news stations discuss the story, they have a live reporter here at the school, as if the only thing the poor guy being held captive ever did was attend school here. I think it's weird.
On a completely different note, the school posted our "early term grades" yesterday. I'm doing well, if I do say so myself:) I will not divulge details for the sake of not "jinxing" myself. I feel a bit more motivated this week. I hope my grades continue to reflect such.
Speaking of motivation, we've been talking a lot about that in class and I'm certainly not unmotivated, but I have found that I'm not nearly as focused as I should be. I don't know what is to blame for this, but I hope I figure it out soon. I don't need to get behind. I certainly don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time or anyone else's.
Okay, keeping it short and sweet today, folks. Until next time!
Queen E

No comments:

Post a Comment